Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Back!

Wow! Long time, no write! Sorry about that!

Well, our trip home to Key West has come and gone. It was good to be back and, even better, to be warm. It was in the 80's most of the time we were there.

We got to do most of what we had planned...several trips to Jose's Cantina, 5 Brother's Grocery, Benihana (yay, I only got a little sick this time!), El Caney, Hogfish Bar & Grill, El Mocho, etc. Yes, yes, we did more than eat, but boy did we miss the food! And the Con Leches! We can sort of make them here, but they're definitely not the same.

I was able to go back and visit the school I used to teach at when we lived on Big Pine Key. There are only five kids left from when I was there. They all have grown up too fast!

My sister-in-law came home from school for a couple of weeks and we got to see my elusive brother-in-law several times. Unfortunately, my father-in-law (a Florida State Trooper) had to work a few nights, but my mother-in-law was off the whole time. And, of course, my grandpa-in-law popped in and out.

We ended up camping at Bahia Honda again this year. That was a lot of fun. We don't camp like normal people. While we do sleep in a tent, we do it on mattresses with fans running. We have clean bathrooms and a hot shower every night. And then there is the food. Steaks, ribs, sausages...they go all out. I got some really good pictures of the Bahia Honda bridge.






Coming back was bittersweet. I was happy to get back to my fur-babies and my own house and car (no more borrowing!), but we really do not like living here. Everytime we go home to Florida or North Carolina just makes that even clearer. Hopefully, this will be our last tour on the west coast. We definitely aren't requesting it again!






No comments: