Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

We had a busy Halloween on Friday. First was Turtle's parade and party at school. They do a really neat thing there...instead of letting the kids wear costumes to school, every class spends a month working on a paperbag costume. This works out so well. No one is left out and the teachers don't have to worry about getting the kids in and out of their costumes. No torn or messed up costumes, etc. I love it. They have a big parade to show off their paperbags. Some of them were really creative. Turtle's was so cute; he was an alien...



When we got home it was time to carve the pumpkins. Usually I do this weeks ahead of Halloween, but the boys wanted to use the pumpkins they got from the field trip on Thursday. This year I let Turtle do a pumpkin all on his own. He made a scary pumpkin with lots of eyes and stitches. Not bad...





After that I had to finish up Turtle's costume. Attaching a knife to a shirt sounded so easy...it's not. I finally had to get J to help. It turned out okay. Not what I pictured, but Turtle was happy. And, of course, Frog was ecstatic in his "fiderman" costume...



We had a blast TnTing. We hit every street on base here and, between the two of them, we now have an entire brown grocery bag full of candy. No exaggeration. I thought it was going to pour (it had earlier in the morning), but we made it through with only a few sprinkles of rain. Our next-door neighbor has been working on a haunted house under his carport since September. It was awesome! And we actually got both kids to go in it. Turtle and the kids from the other side of the house spent half an hour running through it. It turns out the boys aren't scared of the gory decorations. They were scared of the people screaming and yelling.



On a side note...my NaNoWriMo is coming along better than I expected. I only got 213 words on Saturday because we went to Travis AFB to get groceries. I did manage to get my character sheets and some notes done at work that morning. Yesterday I was work at the library and I got 1419 words done. So, right now, my total is up to 1632 words. I go in early to work tonight, so hopefully I will get even more done.




No comments: