Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Did hell feeze over?

Am I really posting two days in a row? Woohoo, must be a record!



So, I thought I would write about the bad experience I had this morning. First let me show you my new baby...




Yes, it is a Vita-Mix 5000! I have wanted one for years! Literally. I think I first found out about them when I was pregnant with Turtle, so at least eight years ago. Unfortunately, they cost way more than I could justify on a blender. I really like making green smoothies (more on them in a bit) and I've gone through three blenders over the last four years. So, when we saw this guy sitting in the Exchange last week, J said I could have him. I was a little wary, but it was too good of a price to pass up. So, home he came. And I have used him, at least once, every day since (another record!!)


If you've never heard of a green smoothie, it is basically a regular smoothie with some type of greens added to it. My favorite was always frozen strawberries, a banana, some yogurt or kefir, and a couple of handfuls of spinach. While it looks kind of gross (a murky green color), it tastes great and it's very healthy for you. Sadly, it ate up the motors on my late blenders. But now with my Vita-Mix, I can make them all I want!


Now on to my bad experience this morning...I've been trying to branch out and make new smoothie combinations. Most of them taste good, some are edible, but today's almost made me sick...really I was gagging over the trash can. Never, ever, ever mix a pear, carrots, a banana, apple juice, and parsley. I still have the taste in my mouth...ugh!


So, that is my Public Service Announcement of the day. Now I'm off to brush my teeth again!

No comments: