Monday, September 22, 2008

Somehow things always work out...


Yesterday was Turtle's 7th B-day party. I have been dreading it for weeks. His birthday was actually August 6th, but he wanted everyone from school to come. So, we decided to wait until after school started (August 25) and then work around J's schedule and what the skate park had available.

I swear I will never ignore an RSVP ever again (I don't think I ever have, but just in case!) We invited twenty boys (Turtle only wanted boys) and only eight responded. Nine showed up. I didn't know how many were coming, so I had twenty treat bags, water bottles, plates, etc. It was a pain in the ass.

On the upside, the number we had was perfect. Twenty kids would have been way too many. We had the party at Ramp Rats , a big indoor skatepark in Petaluma. Turtle loves going there, but it's usually full of older kids who run him over. We were able to rent out the whole place for two hours just for Turtle and his friends. Even Frog was able to skate. We were supposed to have an instructor show up because I thought the kids would be bored after a while and need someone to get them back skating. Well, the instructor never showed up. But, again, it worked out fine. The kids skated the whole two hours and wanted to go more after cake and presents. Even talking to the parents didn't kill me

I don't think this will be an every year (or even every other year) event, but I'm glad we did it. The boys had a blast and that is all that matters.

No comments: