Friday, October 24, 2008

Oh, Trader Joe's, how do I love thee?

Let me count the ways...

1. condiments, dressings, marinades - Thai Green Curry is delicious. As is all the Indian curry sauces, the chili-garlic sauce, the Gyoza dipping sauce, and many more. Low-sodium soy sauce, raw apple cider vinegar, etc.

2. peanut butter filled pretzels - need I say more? Yes, I do. Chocolate-covered peanut butter filled pretzels.

3. frozen foods - too many to list. Veggies, Asian goodies, desserts.

4. desserts need a number of their own - apple blossoms, cheesecake, cookie dough, mochi, carrot cake, chocolate

5. triple ginger cookies - OMG! Leave them out to get stale and chewy, you won't be disappointed!

6. wine - Where else can you go to get good wine for $2? They also have high-end wines, but for every day wine with dinner? Can't go wrong with two-buck Chuck!

7. Peppermint JoeJoes - It's like an Oreo cookie with peppermint creme and little bits of candy canes. You can only get them around xmas time, so you have to stock up for the rest of the year. Last year our surplus stock ran out in February.

I could go on and on. It really sucks here in California, but Trader Joe's makes up for some of it. What am I going to do when we move back to the south-east?

The food is good, local, mostly all-natural, and cheap! My kind of place!!

No comments: